Machaba Camp is a traditional safari camp located on the banks of the Khwai River in the Moremi Game Reserve which is on the eastern side of the Okavango Delta.
It derives its names from the Setswana word for the Sycamore Fig Tree, the tree of life.
The ten spacious luxury tents are on the ground with ensuite facilities and an outdoor shower, patio with safari day bed and sitting area, all connected to the main area by sandy pathways.
Two of these tents are family tents which have a central sitting area and tents on either side. The main communal area has fire pit for gathering around in the evening, dining area, comfortable lounge areas and swimming pool with views of the river.
Activities are in shared open safari vehicles led by professional safari guide, generally early morning and late afternoon.
Opportunity to visit local communities, guided game walks (guide dependant) and game from the camp which enjoys wildlife coming down to the river to drink.
Tours staying at this accommodation
- Visit the Victoria Falls on the Zambian side
- Mokoro in the Okavango Delta
- Amazing wildlife in Moremi
- See elephants in Chobe
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours