Chitabe & Chitabe Lediba is set deep within the Chitabe Reserve with its numerous shady glades, these two camps are close to each other but each has its own character.
Chitabe Main Camp, the larger of the two, has eight tents on wooden decks, all joined by a spider’s web of walkways, and leading to the main lounge and dining area, which also has a plunge pool.
By contrast, Chitabe Lediba (formerly known as Chitabe Trails Camp) is much smaller, with just five tents, again reached by wooden walkways, although these are closer to the ground. It’s an intimate and excellent little camp, a firm favourite of ours.
The area is interesting: a patchwork of mopane woodlands, dotted with acacia and with occasional swathes of riverine forest overlooking watery Delta channels. The wildlife viewing can be exceptional with great sightings of leopard (this is a leopard hotspot!) and also elephant, lion, buffalo and occasional wild dog. At both camps your activities will concentrate on day and night 4X4 game drives in order to find the predators and wild dog, for which this area is renowned.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours