Kalahari Plains Camp is on the edge of a pan in the southeast of Deception Valley, part of the Central Kalahari Game Reserve best visited December to June when the rains bring this area to life.
The open sided main area is built on an elevated wooden deck allowing for nature cooling in this arid area, with dinning area, bar, relaxing lounge area, small reference library, curio shop, star gazing deck on the roof, open camp fire and separate pool deck with views over the pan.
With excellent eco credentials, the ten canvas units are solar powered and boast a separate sleep out platform, attached to each tent. Set on wooden platforms with innovative insulated canvas walls, ceiling fan and large mesh window to keep these unique units cool. Comfortably furnished with twin or double beds leading to ensuite with flush loo, shower and double vanities.
Daily activities are morning and late afternoon game drives in open 4x4 vehicles, or the option of a full day trip out with picnic lunch. Bushman walk done by staff to give you an insight into this lost nomadic lifestyle. In the cooler hours of the morning and late afternoon, guided walks within a three kilometre radius of the camp.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours