Muchenje Safari Lodge is the only lodge on the western side of the well-known Chobe National Park, and its just two kilometres from the park boundary.
The lodge is owner-run and managed. The staff pride themselves on their attention to detail and their ‘nothing is too much trouble’ attitude makes for a homely and relaxed atmosphere.
There are spectacular panoramic views across 30 kilometres of the surrounding floodplains. Only 40 minutes drive from Kasane airport and two hours from Victoria Falls, this lodge is ideal if you want a multi-destination holiday.
The ten twin-bedded thatched chalets are on an escarpment edge with wonderful balcony views. Each chalet has been carefully furnished to create a truly African feel. The main lodge has a dining area, bar, reception, curio shop, game-viewing deck and small library. The swimming pool, built into natural rock formations, shows the African vista to best advantage.
Muchenje Safari Lodge offers a great range of activities. Game drives into the national park are in 4WD vehicles and lead by experienced rangers. It’s not unusual to see literally hundreds of elephants or to follow hunting lions as they work together to ‘pick off’ their prey.
Walking safaris give you the opportunity to study animal behaviour and to understand the indigenous plant life, whilst river cruises can take you close to bathing elephants, pods of hippos and crocodiles. For those who would like to know more about the local culture, there are opportunities to visit an elder’s home. Fishing trips and drives deep into remote areas of the bush can be organized for you on request.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Tours staying at this accommodation
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours