Estancia Cristina occupies an extremely special location only accessible via crossing the waters of a part of the Lake Argentina in the very depths of Los Glaciares National Park, approximately 45 kilometres from El Calafate in Patagonia.
Founded in 1914 by an Englishman who named the property after his daughter, it has been preserved since the death of the last member in the family line in 1997. Visitors come to the Estancia Cristina to visit the Upsala Glacier which is one of the largest in the national park and this property provides the best access to this site.
There are 20 rooms dispersed through 5 lodges in this old sheep ranch and a restaurant which serves Patagonian lamb and homemade produce. During your stay, you will take different excursions to the glaciers and lake and there are 4x4 tours available as well as, horseback riding and hiking.
A trip to the Upsala Glacier and the Estancia Cristina is recommended for those who enjoy the natural world and will appreciate the silence and isolation of this special place!
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours