Aguas Arriba Lodge is a wilderness gem, located on the shores of Lago del Desierto and surrounded by acres of forest.
Although a mere 23 miles from the small town of El Chalten in Southern Argentine Patagonia, Aguas Arriba Lodge is truly remote and can only be accessed by foot or boat. So if you want to get away from it all during your stay in Argentina, this is the place for you.
Constructed from Patagonian wood the lodge blends effortlessly into the surrounding environment and features just 6 rooms with views either towards the lake, mountains or forest.
The main draw to this remote area is the host of activities which include trekking, boating and fishing. Knowledgeable local guides will help plan your day whether you wish to take a short walk or a longer full day trek.
Options are available to suit all levels and explore the dramatic scenery of this fantastic area. After a day exploring the great outdoors relax in the comfortable lodge with its cosy homely feel. Gaze out towards the glistening lake with its endless views and enjoy the delicious local food.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours