Best Time To Visit
When to go
The best time to visit is between November and February.
As most cruises to the Antarctic operate from Ushuaia in Argentina, most clients will fly to Buenos Aires. British Airways fly there daily from London Heathrow. You will then need to take an internal flight direct to Ushuaia.
GMT - 3 hours
British passport holders do not require visas to enter Antarctica & the Falklands
There are no compulsory vaccinations required to enter Antarctica & the Falklands. Always consult your doctor at least six weeks before travel and refer to this useful NHS website - Fit For Travel - for details of recommended vaccinations for travel to the Falkland Islands.
Looking for inspiration?
You'll find expert travel guides, holiday ideas and insider tips now on the Rainbow blog
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours