Built in Finland in 1982, the Polar Pioneer is a popular choice for Antarctic expeditions. A small and sturdy ice-strengthened research ship she has been completely refurbished for polar cruising and now offers a comfortable range of triple, twin and suite cabins accommodating a maximum of 54 passengers. All cabins have outside portholes, ample storage space and most have en-suite facilities.
During the day explore the vast White Continent on the Polar Pioneers small fleet on inflatable zodiacs with frequent landings. The experienced crew are amongst the best ice-navigators in the world with endless enthusiasm. Once back on board visit the spacious bridge for ideal viewing or relax in the combined bar/lounge/library area where you can browse the many polar books and reference guides. Meals are uncomplicated and wholesome, prepared by European chefs and the dining room is attended by Russian stewardesses.
Polar Pioneer offers a range of cruises which include South Georgia and the Falkland Islands.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours