The Greg Mortimer expedition cruise is one of the newest in AE Expeditions’ fleets. It’s a mighty 104m in length and offers space for an average of 126 passengers on each sailing in 77 cabins.
The modern design of the ship is at the cutting edge of nautical engineering, with various features from the hydraulic viewing platforms to the state-of-the-art anchoring technology. This ensures that passenger comfort, experience and safety is at the forefront of navigation, as well as minimising the environmental impact of the vessel with one of the lowest polluting ship engines in the world.
Entry level cabins are the Aurora twin or triple shares and located on Deck 3. These cabins have a private bathroom, a porthole window, a safety deposit box and a 42 inch flat screen TV. There are then three categories of Balcony Staterooms classified as A, B or C depending on the size of the cabin, all with floor to ceiling windows over decks 4 to 6.
On board, the ship has multiple indoor and on deck viewing areas, from the 180 degree lounge to the 270 degree open sundeck. There is then a library on Deck 7 to supplement the expert lead presentations from the lecture room, whilst there is also a small gym with sauna and spa facilities.
For landings, the vessel is equipped with 15 zodiacs to maximise the time on the shore in each location, and with four dedicated launching platforms transfers aim to be as quick and efficient as possible, with two to three landings planned each day.
Want to know more?
Call our Travel Specialists for a chat with our experts. They'll share their first-hand insights so you can find your perfect holiday.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours