Akademik Ioffe is a modern, comfortable, ice-strengthened vessel accommodating a maximum of 96 passengers.
Ideally suited for polar conditions this vessel offers a range of itineraries to truly discover Antarctica. This includes the Classic Antarctica Peninsula voyage to longer explorations encompassing the Falkland Islands and South Georgia. Recent refurbishment over the last 5 years has improved the comfort and on-board facilities.
Whilst at sea the on-board expedition crew offer a range of educational lectures in the theatre style presentation room, allowing you to full appreciate the destination and wildlife that you encounter. Relax in the library, with its wonderful panoramic windows and vast selection of reference material. A selection of movies and documentaries can also be watched in the lounge.All passengers can be accommodated in the dining room during one sitting and meals range from buffet to three course options for dinner. Retreat to the bar or comfortable lounge with piano, television, board games and puzzles. The bar features a monitor showing live video footage of the view forward from the bridge. Watch the wildlife from the warmth of indoors.
Daily expeditions by small Zodiacs are the highlight of any cruise. On board the Akademik Ioffe your cold weather gear and boots are kept in the mudroom, allowing easy access to the smaller boats via the gangway. After several hours in the cold, take the opportunity to visit the fitness room, massage room, sauna and plunge pool.
Why Choose Us?
Passionate travel experts
- We've been leading wildlife travel since our first South Africa tours over 25 years ago
- Our Travel Specialists have lived in their specialist area for years
- We work with local guides to immerse you deeper in our diverse range of experiences
Personal & tailor-made
- You'll speak to your own expert who'll share their first-hand knowledge
- We'll make your itinerary seamless with 24/7 emergency contact available
- Your Travel Specialist will listen to ensure you have the best chance of seeing the wildlife you love
Responsible by nature
- We take care to actively contribute to the conservation of environments we visit
- For select countries, we make a charitable donation on your behalf when you make your booking
- We've partnered with conservation experts and NGOs to curate responsible tours