- Take a hot air balloon flight over the Serengeti
- View the annual wildebeest migration
- Soak up the sunset with a sun-downer on the rim of the Ngorongoro Crater
- Trek Chimpanzee in the jaw-droppingly beautiful Mahale National Park
- Climb Africa’s highest mountain, Kilimanjaro
- Fly-camp overnight in the remote Ruaha National Park
- Surf, kayak and snorkel on the unspoilt Tanzanian Coast
The best ways to see Tanzania
Mobile camping in Africa’s vast Serengeti, walking in the Selous or chimp trekking in Mahale rank among Tanzania’s most awesome experiences. Combine some of these elements in a traditional overland wilderness adventure or a fly-in safari.
Seasonality is a key factor in choice of location. We can help you choose the best locations for the time of year.
Experienced safari-goers will be spellbound by Ruaha and Katavi national parks. It is easy to combine a safari in Tanzania with a beach break in Zanzibar, Mafia Island or even northern Mozambique.
Seasons in Tanzania
Seasons vary slightly from camp to camp and region to region but generally:
High season: January/February/July/August
Mid season: March/June/September/October/
Low season: April/May