I first visited Latin America at age 18. I spent a month travelling around Mexico and Belize where I learned about the Aztec and Mayan civilisations, and finished my journey by learning to scuba dive on the paradise island of Ambergris Caye. Since then I have found myself drawn back again and again by the cultures, wildlife and dramatic landscapes of this wonderful part of the world.
I often get asked, “What is your favourite country in Latin America?”. This is such a difficult question because all of the countries have something very special to offer. I have many incredible memories, but here are a few of my favourites:
- Walking in the footsteps of the Incas on the Inca Trail in Peru.
- Staying on a working estancia in the Pampas, Argentina.
- A journey across the roof of the Andes from San Pedro de Atacama, the driest desert on Earth, to reach the world’s largest salt flats, the Salar de Uyuni, in Bolivia.
- Travelling through the vast Patagonian wilderness in the southernmost tip of South America.
- Diving the world-class sites off the tropical and idyllic islands in Belize.
- Soaking up the sun and samba beats in Brazil.
- The Galapagos Islands were unforgettable for an avid wildlife enthusiast. While I was there I experienced amazing close encounters with the unique creatures on land and in the sea.
- Falling in love with Guyana for its pristine natural beauty and diverse abundance of wildlife.
Next on the my list is the Pantanal in Brazil, to go in search of the elusive Jaguar.
I love to share my own passions and experiences with people, and this is what led me to working in the travel industry. For the past 20 years I have been helping clients create their perfect, dream holiday to destinations that I know they will love as much as I do.