Constance Lodge Tsarabanjina is a boutique beach hotel on the beautiful private island of Nosy Tsarabanjina in the northwest of Madagascar.
Edged with dazzling white sand beaches and encircled by coral reefs, Tsarabanjina provides a setting of great natural beauty in which to relax after a tour of Madagascar's national parks. It's also ideal for a luxurious yet off-the-beaten-track honeymoon. Stay in one of the 25 palm thatched villas, all located just above one of the two beaches enjoying an uninterrupted view out to sea.
Thirteen North Beach units have air-conditioning and twelve South Beach units have 'bedroom area’ air-conditioning. Each has en suite facilities with shower, fans, mini bar and private verandah with deck chairs, coffee table, sun loungers. There are umbrellas on the beach and snorkelling equipment for use throughout your stay. An added touch is Tsarabanjina’s exclusive range of toiletries.
Tsarabanjina was one of the first hotels on the island to introduce ‘Cristal’ all-inclusive. Meals are taken in the mezzanine level restaurant, which has a fabulous sea view. Breakfast and lunch are in the form of an excellent buffet and dinner is à la carte, with delicious fresh seafood a prominent feature of the menu. There is also a bar with a sand floor from which you can admire the sunset and a useful shop.
There are lots of activities on offer - you can sail a catamaran (with or without an instructor) or circumnavigate the island by kayak. Or join in the daily aqua-gym session and if there are sufficient numbers, a beach volleyball match may be organised in the early evening when it is cooler. The diving at Tsarabanjina is outstanding, particularly at the coral reefs of the Mitsio Islands, and the lodge has an excellent PADI dive centre (additional charge). The fishing is also superb (additional charge).
You can visit the neighbouring islands. La Grande Mitsio is known for its huge basalt columns, resembling organ pipes, and has a small fishing village. You can get a stupendous view over the archipelago from the highest hill (219m) on Nosy Ankarea – and see a variety of succulents. The Quatre Frères has huge caves and fantastic overhangs - and hundreds of seabirds. These islands of silver basalt are particularly beautiful at dawn and at sunset.
There is a tennis court in the centre of the island, near reception; or you can explore the island, watch the fish eagles overhead and the dolphins feeding offshore. If whales are spotted in the vicinity, impromptu whale-watching excursions are organized. Alternatively, you could just book a massage and savour your surroundings.
The management and watersports personnel speak fluent English. Tsarabanjina is unusual in that the staff encourage you to try a new activity or improve your skills. There is nothing intrusive about it, in fact, everyone says that they appreciated the attention.
Children are welcome at Tsarabanjina and one child can share a bungalow with two adults. Tsarabanjina does not provide a children’s programme or special facilities, and tends to be visited by couples and honeymooners outside of the school holidays. If your teenagers enjoy watersports and exploring a castaway island, they should be happy on Tsarabanjina. People travelling with small children should be prepared to entertain them.
Tsarabanjina is reached by speedboat from Manga Soa Lodge on the west coast of Nosy Be. The journey takes 60 minutes and can be bumpy during the windy months. Access to Manga Soa Lodge from the airport is by car along a bumpy road, and takes approximately 15 minutes.
The all-inclusive rates cover the following:
All Inclusive Package includes:
- Large Variety of Super Premium branded spirits and International Beers, our main bar remaining open until late (10h00 to 00h30).
- Large selection of fresh drinks, soft drinks, mineral water including (10h00 to 00h30).
- Unlimited access to cocktails & Constance signature drinks menu (10h00 to 00h30).
- International Wine list inclusive of wines & sparkling wine from around the world (France, Italy and the New World). Many wines directly imported from small wineries
(10h00 to 00h30).
- Mini-bar with beers, soft drinks, water, snack & confectionary. Mini bar refilled on a daily basis.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in our restaurant.
- Afternoon tea served by the Bar from 16.30 – 17.30
- Free mineral water in villas.
- Snorkeling equipment for each guest request on the arrival.
- All indoor games, all non-motorized water-sports.
- Once per week Malagasy menu & traditional Dance .
- Complimentary snacks and water available during the boat transfer.
- Free Wi-Fi at the Main Building and Reception desk.
- Coffee & Tea facilities in the villas
- Free Laundry
- One weekly presentation about the preservation on coral conservation.
- Special Beach Dinners
- Big game fishing on request as much advanced notice should be given
- Ultra Premium Spirits, liqueurs, wines, champagne.