- Discover Stone Town’s hidden corners by foot - we recommend a guided tour
- Visit the Spice plantations and smell the drying cloves by the roadsides
- Read a gripping novel on the soft white sandy beaches
- Visit the Jozani Forest, home of the Red colobus monkey
- Eat delicious fresh locally caught seafood
- Visit Prison Island and the giant tortoises
The Zanzibar Archipelago
‘Zanzibar’ has always had an exotic ring. These tiny islands have captivated the world’s imagination and exercised a significant influence on both sides of the Indian Ocean, from Mozambique to Oman and from India to the Persian Gulf. The Zanzibar Archipelago consists of two main islands, Unguja (popularly known as Zanzibar) and Pemba, plus about 50 smaller ones, mostly tiny. Mafia Island is further to the south and, with five smaller islands, forms its own archipelago.